How Hillary Democrats can take back their party.
Obama won’t go away even if John McCain wins by a wide margin. He will run for president again and again. And even if he is roundly thumped every time, it still won’t mean the Democratic Party will return to the people. Obama represents a depraved far-left mindset that isn’t going away on it’s own. And there will be more like him. Obama is only the beginning.
However, Hillary Democrats can fix this. Let me explain how.
There are three types of Democrats – each making up about a third of the party. First, there’s the far left (See: Obama Supporters), there’s the centrist-left, (See: Hillary supporters), and last, there’s the casual Democrats.
The far-left cannot be reasoned with. They will support Obama no matter what.
The other two portions of the party, however, can be approached by reason and outnumber the far-left substantially. If the two groups were to rebuke the far-left, they could re-establish themselves as the majority wing of the party.
While it is important to elect McCain, thus blocking Obama from getting into office, this will not in and of itself return the Democratic party to its rightful owners. To demonstrate a rejection of Obama and the far-left poison he represents will require a low turnout from from Democrat voters. Then, the current corrupt Democratic leadership needs to be associated with Obama as much as possible to consolidate the rejection. Lastly, in individual local-election primaries, Democrats must elect new leadership for the party.
To make all of this happen, Hillary Democrats need to follow the following steps:
1. First, convince the 50% of Hillary supporters who plan to vote for Obama to not vote for Obama. Just tell them about the real Obama. They can write-in Hillary, stay home, vote McCain, whatever – just not for Obama. Many of them don’t want to anyways but feel pressured because they are Democrats or have been tricked into thinking McCain is the bogeyman.
(It should be noted that a lot of Hillary supporters are already doing this.)
2. Find those casual Democrats, the ones that are just now tuning in to election news, and let them know about the REAL Obama. They are your neighbors, coworkers, distant cousins, etc. that never talk politics but still care. Find them, and talk to them. Friends don’t let friends vote Obama.
(I’m not a Democrat, but I’ve done this myself with a few casual Democrats. Casual Democrats are generally poorly informed but very open minded and reasonable.)
3. On election day, do anything but vote for Obama. Yea, I know, that’s kind of a given.
4. After election day, start challenging the Democratic leadership. Throw the bums out one by one. Having just squandered some of the best political landscape ever with a terrible candidate is great ammunition to unite the mainstream of the party against them.
5. in 2012, let’s have an election between two GREAT candidates for a change.
In the Democratic party, let’s see some change we can all believe in!